Raven Mining

You guys don’t fight over answering my question. ?

Seriously though, I would be greatful for any help.

Nvm

@slick rick, I was in your shoes about 3 months ago. Everything I learned, I learned via doing. In regard to knowing when/how to sell a coin, just go on the forums. Look at rumor mill, listen to whats happening in discord, etc. It’s very similar to stock trading, without the regulation (hence the majority of scams). Here’s the Raven coin bitcoin talk forum, go on there and see what people are saying, and work your way up from there. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2752467.0

Guys good news! Raven listed on crypto bridge! https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.RVN_BRIDGE.BTC

Hi Guys,

I’m having problem with this miner / coin.

Rig 1 - 4x 1080ti - stock clock, default intensity (20), running smoothly @55MH

Rig 2 - 7x 1080ti - always crashes with error “Cuda error in func ‘cuda_check_cpu_setTarget’ at line 41 : unknown error.”

I’ve tried to lover clock (core -100, mem -500), reduce intensity to 17, update nvidia driver… Nothing helps. Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Try to run ccminer with -d 0, and then -d 1 and then -d 2 etc. to find failing device…

(it may be one card only)

[quote quote=2638]

Horacek wrote:
Hi Guys, I’m having problem with this miner / coin. Rig 1 – 4x 1080ti – stock clock, default intensity (20), running smoothly @55MH Rig 2 – 7x 1080ti – always crashes with error “Cuda error in func ‘cuda_check_cpu_setTarget’ at line 41 : unknown error.” I’ve tried to lover clock (core -100, mem -500), reduce intensity to 17, update nvidia driver… Nothing helps. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks
Try to run ccminer with -d 0, and then -d 1 and then -d 2 etc. to find failing device… (it may be one card only)[/quote]

Update:

The problem is the number of GPUs. 4 GPUs (does’t matter which ones) runs fine. The problem occurs when 5+ cards are mining…

MB: Asus Prime Z370-A

CPU: Core i3-8100

RAM: 4GB

70GB page file…

Any suggestions about the problem above pls?

@Horacek, I was having a tons of problems with a 10x GTX1080Ti rig. It was a nightmare to mine RVN until I started using CCminer Enemy 1.03.

https://github.com/Enemy-Mine/ccminer/releases/tag/v1.03-RVN

Give this a go. It is much more stable than ccminer-x64-2.2.5-rvn and anything else I’ve tried.

It is most likely a power problem that you’re having and this miner seems to smooth things out. If it is not 100% stable, then decrease your TDP to 90%. Keep core and memory at 0.

What PSU configuration do you have setup for your unstable rig?

Anyway, hope this helps!

@tonytonbridge - thanks for the miner…

My PSU configuration:

MB + 3x GPUs: 1200W

4 GPUs: 2x 620W

The miner was running bit longer, but at the end it crashed the same way as the previous one (TDP 90%). :confused: I’ll try to tune it tomorrow…

Did mobo work with other coins or new build… if new build… I think the problem is in the bios settings

The problem is only with this X16r algo. All others are just fine.

I want to introduce you Crypto Gui Miner

Automatically choose to mine the most profitable cryptocurrency.
Every 5 minutes we take the current difficult and price of all coins and miner automaticly mine best profitable coin! Also have automatic restart mining if some of minner crash.
In new version you cann add custom coin profile with custom pool.

https://cryptoguiminer.com/

@Horacek - Personally, I think your issue is the 2x 1080Ti’s on a 620W PSU. They say 1080Ti’s can use up to 250W, which would equate to 500W. The problem with the X16R algo is that it can spike to 130 to 140% for GPU power. I’m 99% sure that if you put 2x 1080TI’s on 850W (or maybe even 750W) supplies that your problems will go away. You just need a PSU that has more room to handle the sudden spikes in power consumption. Buying an 850W PSU for two cards might not be feasible so…

If you can’t buy new PSU’s, the other thing you can do is add a “–plimit” parameter to your ccminer command line. Note it has two dashes “–plimit”. This will limit the power it uses, and should be set lower than your TDP.

For your 7x GPU rig, you could put
ccminer -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://POOLADDRESS -u WALLETADDRESS –plimit 70,70,70,70,70,70,70

And set your TDP to 90%.

If that doesn’t work, try a plimit of 60 instead of 70, and bring your TDP down to 80%.

This will lower the hashrate your system is capable of, but should bring stability. Let me know if that works.

@tonytonbridge - you were correct. I set TDP to 80% and the miner is running without any problem…

I’ll buy another PSU (cca 800W) and change the configuration to:

1x 1080Ti on 620W

1x 1080Ti on 620W

2x 1080Ti on 800W

So I have to buy just one PSU… Thanks for help!

What’s the profitability for a single 1080Ti mining RVN on enemy miner at 16 Mh/s?

Where are you guys selling it?

Thank you!

you can sell rvn at crypto bridge

https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.RVN_BRIDGE.BTC

Hi, I downloaded the raven coin wallet but I cannot find my wallet address. Where is it located? also the miner had different files and I don’t know which one to use. Thanks.

Ignore my last post, I figured it out. But should I hold onto my raven coin or dump it as soon as I get it?

I sold half of them and hold the other half. Because i think the price is low.