Best Coin for older NVIDIA GPUs?

Hi all

I work in a design studio and we’ve recently started mining on our GPUs when they’re idle at night/over weekends, but we have an eclectic mix of different models and I’m hoping for a bit of advice on what to mine with them. We have GTX 660s, 760s, 950, 960s, 1050, 1060s and 1070s and I have them all mining ZCash at the moment, but the value has dropped off significantly. Would we be better putting these to work on an easier/lower value coin, or am I fine to stick with ZCash in the hope the price will ultimately go back up eventually?

I have also looked at mining different coins (Ethereum & Monero) depending on the hardware, but the returns were too slow to be viable. Is it worth revisiting this approach but with a different mix of coins?

Really interested to hear your advice, thanks in advance.

You can try coins which I recommend at JKCrypto.com. As far I know Zcash,ETH provides stable profits but they are not most profitable to mine.

I don’t know for old nvidia GPUs, but I have a couple R9 270x in my shitcoin rig that’s currently mining GRLC like a champ. Your old nVidias should do nice.

Even with the low, I would stick to GRLC for now.

Thanks, I’ve had a read through your recommendations and will pitch them to the team. would it be worth targeting these with all the 6 & 7 series cards and focusing on the stable profits of ZCash with the 9 & 10 series cards?

[quote quote=559]I don’t know for old nvidia GPUs, but I have a couple R9 270x in my shitcoin rig that’s currently mining GRLC like a champ. Your old nVidias should do nice.

Even with the low, I would stick to GRLC for now.[/quote]

Am I correct in thinking that GRLC is not currently active on any exchanges? If not, what is the likelihood that it will be picked up by the likes of Binance? I have to take into account the trade in opportunities, as the guys holding the purse strings want to see how sustainable mining could be from a regular revenue point of view… if it will pay for the Christmas party they may look to invest in a dedicated rig :slight_smile: